Hi ive had a constant uurge to urinate

Q: Hi ive had a constant uurge to urinate for the past 5 weeks, ive been to the urologist who gave me 3 std test and 3 cultures all negative, about last week my symptoms calmed down and i felt better but 3 days ago they came back. No pain just urge. Also about 4 times ive had small clear discharge. Doctor said ill be fine but i am very worried. Please help

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Once urinary tract infection is ruled out the most likely diagnosis for your problems remains, an overactive bladder(OAB). An overactive bladder is a condition that results from sudden, involuntary contraction of the muscle in the wall of the urinary bladder. Overactive bladder causes a sudden and unstoppable need to urinate (urinary urgency), even though the bladder may only contain a small amount of urine. The condition is treatable. Take a second opinion to rule out OAB if your problem is not resolved.

I hope this helps.