Hi, I've missed my period by 12 days now

Patient

Q: Hi,

I've missed my period by 12 days now, I've done a pregnancy test it showed up as positive then disappeared. I do have PCOS would do I do?

Many thanks.

Sian

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Usually, urine pregnancy test kit can give an accurate result after one week of missed periods.
As the line disappeared after some time, there is a possibility of false positive result.
Better to repeat the test to come to one conclusion.
Gonadal hormonal imbalance in PCOS can present with irregular periods.
If urine pregnancy test kit gives a negative result, the delay in periods you are having could be due to PCOS.
In that case, please do consult your doctor to take treatment for PCOS and tablets to get withdrawal bleeding.

Take care.