Hi I've recently had strep throat/tonsillitis, It had almost

Patient

Q: Hi. I've recently had strep throat/tonsillitis, It had almost fully gone last Thursday but Saturday I woke up with a swollen palette at the back of my mouth and also my uvula was quite swollen. Today my palette is extremely swollen. Could I get some advice on what to do? Thanks.

Symptoms:  Difficulty swallowing and dry throat when I wake up.
Doctor

A:   Hello

I understand your concern about a re-infection, I can certainly help you with that.
If you do not have fever then you will not need any antibiotics at the moment
Here are my suggestions
1. Drink only warm food and beverages
2. Gargle your throats with betadine granules
3. Give rest to your voice
4. Tab cetrizine twice a day will reduce the inflammation and swelling. Take it for 5 days.

I hope I was of help, please get back to me for any further queries