Hi my 4 year old daughter had diarrhea over a

Patient

Q: Hi my 4 year old daughter had diarrhea over a week ago and it lasted for 3 days and now when she poops there is mucus in stool and when I wipe her behind. She has no fever or any symptoms and this has been going on for 3 days now and between those days she is constipated or a little diarrhea and regular together. Is the mucus normal?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

No, mucus is normal finding.
With the history of diarrhea over a week ago, it seems that either the course of antibiotic was not completed or was not effective or needed additional medicines or there is re-infection.
Get in consultation with a Pediatrician to get a clinical evaluations, examination, investigations if need be and treatment.

This will solve the problems.