Hi my "period" came two weeks late in which the

Patient

Q: Hi my "period" came two weeks late in which the first day i had very very light spotting the next day and a half was moderate it filled up half the pad and instead of getting heavier it got lighter and turned back to spotting for another say or two
Any possibilities of pregnancy?
P.s. my period has never been late like this before

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Little bit of irregularity in periods can occur due to many causes.
Sometimes scanty flow can be seen during periods which is called hypomenorrhea.
If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility of pregnancy.
So, please go for urine pregnancy test once to find out the possibility of pregnancy.
If test gives negative result and scanty flow persists, better to get evaluated.
Investigations like thyroid profile, gonadal hormonal profile, prolactin levels estimation, estimation of blood sugar levels and hemoglobin levels, ultrasound etc helps in finding out the causes of scanty flow.
Then treatment can be planned accordingly.

Take care.