Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi my bf and I have been trying to have

Hi my bf and I have been trying to have

Patient: Hi my bf and I have been trying to have a baby, but my period came on time. It was a bit lighter than usual. It’s been a couple of days since it ended but I feel nauseous, frequently urinating, and hungry more now. I took a test today and it came out negative, but I still feel nauseous. Could I be pregnant ?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If your cycles have come on time, and your pregnancy test reads negative, then there is no possibility of pregnancy. However in view of an ectopic pregnancy, kindly do a beta hCG blood test done to be sure that there is no ectopic pregnancy that could be a cause of nausea.Hope this helped.Regards