Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi My boyfriend I had unprotected sex 3 days after my period

Hi My boyfriend I had unprotected sex 3 days after my period

Patient: Hi. My boyfriend I had unprotectedsex 3 days after my period. He came inside me but I dispelled his sperm right away. We’ve been doing this for almost two years and we never had a problem. I am 1 week delayed of my period now but i am not experiencing any signs of being pregnant. My menstruation period is irregular. What are my chances of being pregnant?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Since you had a sexual intercourse three days after the cycles, there is no chance of pregnancy as the period corresponds to the non ovulatory phase of the menstrual cycle. Since your cycles are irregular, we cannot predict the possibility of your next cycle. Do a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy and have no doubts about the same.Hope this helped.Regards