Hi my friend recently found out she is around 5

Patient

Q: Hi my friend recently found out she is around 5 weeks pregnant, She is going threw with an abortion so she drank twice while being pregnant and took a small amount of cocain last week (not much) and with her thinking she's still getting rid yesterday she came out having a drink and took half an ecstasy pill, if she was to change her find on the abortion would this of damaged the baby if she stops it all now or is it to late?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Generally the fetus when younger than 8 weeks will either die or survive and be completely normal. This is the all or none effect.

But, she could still complicate the pregnancy and go into premature labor. Please stop taking any drugs or get her to talk to a Doctor for help.

Hope this helps you. All the best.