Hi, my girlfriend and I had coitus yesterday I was

Patient

Q: Hi, my girlfriend and I had coitus yesterday. I was and always wear protection as well as my girlfriend is on birth control. After finishing our coitus we realized the condom had slipped off inside her and my girlfriend thus had to take it out. The condom was not torn or broken in any way and the sperm inside the condom was at the top in the tip of the condom but not sure if any leaked out while condom was inside her vagina. She is on and takes birth control so we think everything should be fine but I was wanting to get an expert opinion to make sure. Thanks

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

As she has been on birth control and have been regular with her pills since day 2/3 of her cycle, then she is protected as the pills prevent ovulation during the cycle and also make the cervical mucous unfavourable for sperms to penetrate even if there would have been an accidental spill owing to rupture condom or condom slipping. So there is no real need to be worried with regards to pregnancy and there is no need to take an emergency contraceptive at all, if you are thinking of it. Just tell her to continue her pills regularly and finish the pack as she does normally. She is pregnancy safe.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you safe sexual practices,

Patient: Thank you very much for the information.
Doctor: You are most welcome. Take care.:)