Hi, my girlfriend is too skeptical to ask or call

Patient : Hi, my girlfriend is too skeptical to ask or call herself for the manner, but I'll get straight to the question. She has a somewhat large mass in her left breast towards her upper right hand side and has been changing and now the color of it has changed to a reddish tone. She was bruising unexplainably and has been coughing recently. Also her breast has changed in size and is quite a bit larger. I am worried that it may be inflammatory breast cancer, abd while she would think otherwise, how urgent do you think it is for her to get a check up on it.
Hi, my girlfriend is too sk...-1
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query, picture and concerns for your girlfriend who is in the age group of 19 to 25 years. First of all remember that the inflammatory cancer of the breast occurS in the lactating (milk producing) breasts. A large mass in the left breast with redness of the skin in a young girl can be most probably due to an inflammatory cause like cellulitis or a developing abscess. I would advise her the following: - Get an ultrasonography of the breast along with FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology). This will almost confirm the diagnosis. Mammography and MRI can help a lot. In doubtful cases, it is better to get a biopsy done. This gives confirmation. If there is cellulitis, a course of an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicines will help. If an abscess is present, incision and drainage suffices. I hope this answer helps you and your girlfriend.