Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, My husband and i have been trying for a baby

Hi, My husband and i have been trying for a baby

Patient: Hi,My husband and i have been trying for a baby. I was due on a week ago but only had spotting…not filled a tampon or pad, very light period pain.(can bearly feel it) in my left side. I have had 2 negative tests. Its been going on for 3 days but its mainly brown now.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.A lighter period on the due date following earlier regular menses, when pregnancy test s have been negative, then it is likely to be stress-induced hormonal imbalances which can cause a decrease in the flow of menses and the bleeding may be prolonged. The stress can be emotional, psychological, physical, or associated with an anxiety to conceive, all can disrupt the natural hormonal levels. So it is important to keep oneself stress-free. The present bleeding can be stopped with an antifibrinolytic like Tranexamic acid of it doesn’t stop in next few days on its own. You may consult your Physician for a review and opinion before taking a decision.Hope this helps.Regards