Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi my mum had ischmeic stroke 5 days ago they let her go after 2 days. What is the recovery time?

Hi my mum had ischmeic stroke 5 days ago they let her go after 2 days. What is the recovery time?

Patient: Hi my mum had ischmeic stroke 5 days ago they let her out after 2 days but she is still slightly slurring her words and she seems a little confused is this normal what’s the recovery time thanks

Doctor: Thanks for consulting ATD.Prediction of prognosis in cerebrovascular accidents (stroke) will depend upon the extent of the area of the brain involved, age of the patient, co-morbid conditions etc. Even with all the available information, prediction will not be 100%. Continue the medication prescribed by your Doctor and if any worsening of symptoms noted, consult immediately. Have a nice day.