September 21, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi my son is 7 and has blood in urine

Hi my son is 7 and has blood in urine

Patient: Hi my son is 7 and has been diagnose with blood in his urine they are now sending him for scans why is this and is it dangerous thanks

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.Do not worry, you are doing the right thing by admitting your child as soon as possible. The hospital will help to manage the disease.Here are causes of blood in urine:UTIKidney infectionKidney stonesProstate enlargementMedicationsMuscle injuryThe most likely cause in your son’s case is an infection or a kidney stone. If it is an infection, the Doctor will treat him with antibiotics.If it is a kidney stone, the Doctor may tell him to drink lots of water. Or he may remove the stone by lithotripsy.Wishing your son the best.