Hi my throat was sore and glands swollen

Q: Hi my throat was sore and glads swollen the day after kissing and oral sex i did with a girl. Could any std cause symptons so soon?

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

The only STD that can be transmitted through kissing and oral sex is Herpes. If it is acquired the symptoms will resemble upper respiratory tract infection, but there will be a cluster of painful cold sores developing over the next couple of days. So you need to carefully observe for the development of any cold sores in the mouth.

As of now, it sounds more like a URTI. So you should consult your Physician and start yourself on an antibiotic course. A good choice antibiotic would be Cap. Augmentin 625 mg twice daily for 5-7 days depending on the severity of the infection. You also need to do saline water/ betadine gargling to reduce the irritation in the throat. This can be done 2-3 times daily.

Hope this was helpful.