Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, my tongue is turned yellow 2 weeks ago

Hi, my tongue is turned yellow 2 weeks ago

Patient: Hi, my tongue is turned yellow 2 weeks ago and it’s still yellow but no thick coating on it. Also 2-3 days ago I found teeth imprint on both side of my tongue( still there) few years ago I had gallbladder problems ( it’s better now) also had problems with my liver . Should I go see a doctor or it’s harmless? Thank you!

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query, very specific.Noted your history of tongue turning to yellow and have teeth imprints to o, with the past history of gall bladder and liver problems.The tongue is a showcase of many diseases. Most of the intestinal problems will reflect with changes in the tongue.Although the discoloration of the tongue may not be pathological, it may sometimes reflect other problems like gastroenteritis, intake of some medicines, just coating of the tongue.Yes, it is imperative to see the Doctor as he will do a complete clinical evaluation, ask for relevant tests and give you prescription based medicines to get a cure .I hope this answer helps you.