Hi, Our 1 year old baby has a mild cold with

Q: Hi,

Our 1 year old baby has a mild cold with fever up to 37.5C at times. My wife is of the opinion to give him paracetamol every 4 hours and she has been doing so for 3-4 days now.
Sometimes the child refuses it, and chokes then throws up his meal as she holds his nose closed and forces liquid paracetamol down his trout.
We took him to our local GP who told us he has a mild cold and no medication is required unless fever jumps over 38.5C for long periods and the baby seems unwell and unsettled.

Even-though he has a mild cough and runny nose, our baby plays, laughs and acts just as he does usually. I have not seen a change in his behavior.

Does our baby need paracetamol?

Symptoms:  Runny nose, occasional coughing, occasional fever of 37.5C before bed.