Hi, pain in the chest

Q: Hi, for about 3 months now I have been have this unbearable pain under my boob on the left side of my rib cage , and it hurts a bit more when I take in deep breaths I know it sounds silly but I feel like am slowly dying?!

Should I go see my doctor ?
Is it serious?

Symptoms:  Sharp pain and dizziness

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Your chest pains seem to be Muscular in nature. However, Cardiac Chest pain and pain due to Acid reflux should be kept in consideration. It is important to differentiate between the all as the treatment course is entirely different. I would try to explain you the most common presentations of such chest pains. The Muscular chest pain aggravates with movement and dull, diffuse and continuous in nature. It has relation with posture as in your case. The Cardiac chest pain is severe and crushing in nature. It increases on activity like walking, exercising and also radiated to left arm, shoulder blade and nape of neck. So, you should get a Chest X-Ray and ECG done. If the ECG and Chest X-ray are normal, the pain is probably Muscular or due to Acid reflux.
For muscular pain i advise to do hot fomentation over the involved area 3-4 times a day. You can also apply Diclofenac Gel locally over the involved area. On taking this treatment, this usually resolves in 5-7 days. In case you have pain in abdomen, and acid reflux, i would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy