Hi please help I have been suffering from terrible stomach

Q: Hi please help. I have been suffering from terrible stomach pain, flatulance and constipation all year. I went for a scope and my doctor told me I have a hiatus hernea and must take topzole. The symptoms have not changed one bit and I am wondering if it's possible that the topzole is causing this? I am desperate please help me doctors

Symptoms:  Constipation, flatuulance,stomach cramps

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

The treatment of Hiatus hernia is surgical. Topzole can be used as a trial to see if it works. The treatment is then surgical if it does not. This depends on some cases on the type of hiatus hernia that you have. Consult a gastric surgeon for an opinion. All the best.

Hope this helps you.