Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi please help I have been suffering from terrible stomach

Hi please help I have been suffering from terrible stomach

Patient: Hi please help. I have been suffering from terrible stomach pain, flatulance and constipation all year. I went for a scope and my doctor told me I have a hiatus hernea and must take topzole. The symptoms have not changed one bit and I am wondering if it’s possible that the topzole is causing this? I am desperate please help me doctors

Symptoms: Constipation, flatuulance,stomach cramps

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.The treatment of Hiatus hernia is surgical. Topzole can be used as a trial to see if it works. The treatment is then surgical if it does not. This depends on some cases on the type of hiatus hernia that you have. Consult a gastric surgeon for an opinion. All the best.Hope this helps you.