Hi recently got birth control depo shot april 15 and

Patient

Q: Hi recently got birth control depo shot april 15 and have not gotten period since may 1st.

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Usually menstrual irregularities can be seen as side effect of depo shot.
Some women may have amenorrhea for few months while using depo.
Generally depo injection is advised to take during menstrual period to get protection for through out the month.
If you have taken shot in the middle of the month, please go for urine pregnancy test once.
If test gives negative result, you may not need any treatment even if you do not get periods during the period of depo.

Take care