Hi, recently I have been having cramp-like pains at the

Patient

Q: Hi, recently I have been having cramp-like pains at the top of my left foot, at the base of the toes. It causes pretty harsh pains whenever I walk or stretch my toes, particularly if they're stretched upwards. I haven't found a a direct way to make the pain stop, other than trying massage the area and wait it out. Whenever this occurs, the top of my foot is left bruised, I haven't noticed any significant swelling.
This typically occurs a couple hours of relaxing after long walks. I'd like to know, if possible, what could be wrong, possible causes, and a way to stop or relieve the pain when it occurs since I haven't found a specific remedy other than wait for it to pass.
Thank you very much for your time.

Doctor