Hi, Recently I have noticed that I can’t feel my right toe

Patient: Hi,Recently I have noticed that I can’t feel my right toe….actually the skin on it. About two months ago I took an injury on that toe while playing football. The injury lasted for about three weeks. I would also like to mention that during that time I didn’t intake any painkillers, only applied “Volini” spray to get relief from the pain. Do I need to see a physician? Or this will go away with time?Thank You.

Symptoms: Nothing specific…just don’t feel the skin on the toe.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you can try RICE therapy to help you. RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compressio n and elevation.Rest the toe and do not walk on it if there is pain. Use crutches if needed.Ice the are for 15 mins every hourcompress the area by using a crepe bandage or a toe sleeveElevate the area by placing it on top of 2 pillowsAlso you may take 2 tablet brufen daily to help with the pain. Hope this helps you. All the best.