Hi, Recently I have noticed that I can't feel my right toe

Patient

Q: Hi,

Recently I have noticed that I can't feel my right toe....actually the skin on it. About two months ago I took an injury on that toe while playing football. The injury lasted for about three weeks. I would also like to mention that during that time I didn't intake any painkillers, only applied "Volini" spray to get relief from the pain. Do I need to see a physician? Or this will go away with time?

Thank You.

Symptoms:  Nothing specific...just don't feel the skin on the toe.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that you can try RICE therapy to help you. RICE stands for Rest, Ice, Compression and elevation.

Rest the toe and do not walk on it if there is pain. Use crutches if needed.
Ice the are for 15 mins every hour
compress the area by using a crepe bandage or a toe sleeve
Elevate the area by placing it on top of 2 pillows

Also you may take 2 tablet brufen daily to help with the pain. Hope this helps you. All the best.