Hi, since 6 days I've had brown discharge on and

Patient

Q: Hi, since 6 days I've had brown discharge on and off. I'm 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I've had late miscarriage 8 months ago and early miscarriage 3 months ago.

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

The presence of brown discharge or bleeding during early pregnancy is termed as threatened miscarriage unless proved otherwise. You need to get a transvaginal ultrasound to check for retroplacental clot or placental separation, which would be indicative of a miscarriage provided the foetal heart rate is present. It is important to check for foetal viability first. If heart rate is present then you should be placed on pro gestational support and strict bed rest. Please visit your obstetrician to get an urgent ultrasound done.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you safe pregnancy,