Hi siri am having bump on right side of bottom

Patient: Hi sir…i am having bump on right side of bottom lip in center of lip cant see it but i can feel it.but after few days it opens up and scabs.and it come back whenever i get sorethroat and cold.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to ask the doctor.I understand your concern. As per details, it seems that you are suffering from a con dition of skin known as Herpes labials. It is a viral infection of skin involving the area on and around lips. It is caused by Human herpes virus type 1 most of the times.Herpes labials has a very high recurrent and relapsing course.It is characterised by grouped vesicles which burst open within 2-3 days followed by crust formation.The usual course of disease is 7-14days.In such cases,I prefer to advise oral antivirals like Acyclovir/ Valacyclovir to my patients during acute episode.Topical antibiotic cream like mupirocin also helps.It can be transmitted from one person to another through skin to skin contact.You should Keep the area clean and dry.Visit your doctor so that he can examine you and give you prescription.You may discuss my opinion with your doctor.If you have any further query, please ask me.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.