Hi so i am currently taking sprintec birth control last

Patient

Q: Hi. so i am currently taking sprintec birth control. last month i skipped the placebo pills and went straight to the next pack. i am now on the last pill of my other pack, and i was wondering if i can skip that pill tonight and immediately start the first of the line of the placebo pills. If I do this will I still be protected?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Skipping last active pill of the pack may not cause much difference in the contraceptive efficacy of birth control.
But better to use all the pills as per the schedule to achieve complete protection and to maintain regular withdrawal bleeding.

Take care.