Hi So i am trying to lose weight.

Patient

Q: Hi. So i am trying to lose weight and because of that i stopped consuming all soda and sugared things. I eat 3 times a day and still i gained half a kilogram in 4 days. Though I am not exercising. Is that the reason I gained weight?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

In case of absence of medical disorders that lead to weight gain like gonadal hormonal imbalance, hypothyroidism, Cushing's syndrome etc, usually dietary management and exercises can help in reduction of weight.
But it will take some months to achieve the desired weight.
Continuous effort is needed for this.
Premenstrual hormonal change can lead to water retention and that can alter the weight to some extent.
So, if you are around the period of your menstruation, record weight after menstruation to get an accurate measurement.

Take care.