Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, so I had oral sex While doing so my partner bit my penis

Hi, so I had oral sex While doing so my partner bit my penis

Patient: Hi, so I had oral sex. While doing so my partner bit my penis. It bled a little bit. Is it possible to catch hiv this way?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.Yes, the possibility of c ontracting HIV is there if your partner is infected with HIV.Chances are low but can’t be ignored. This is because, HIV virus has been demonstrated in saliva too. So, a person can transmit it through his/her saliva. In your case her saliva came in contact with your blood due to bleeding, so it would be irresponsible from my side to say that you are 100% safe as chances are minimal but are there.In such scenario, I would advise you to discuss this matter with your partner and counsel her to get tested for HIV. If she is found negative to have HIV infection, then for you the chances of contracting HIV is almost nil. I used the word “almost” because a lot many times, a person who has contracted HIV may not get positive test in the window period (that is 4-6 weeks after contracting the infection).Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy