Hi so, my boyfriend was fingering me last night

Patient

Q: Hi so, my boyfriend was fingering me last night, i finished and my underwear was soaked. I then was laying on top of him and we were grinding. We were both in underwear. I'm then not sure whether he came or not. If he did could the sperm have gotten through my underwear and is there a chance I could be pregnant? I am then unsure if he had sperm on his hands, but he fingered me after. I am 17 years old and I can not speak to my parents about this. I have looked up morning after pills but by the time I can purchase one it will be 36hrs after it has happened. I am unsure the exact date of when my period finished but I am pretty sure it was a week to a week and a half ago but I don't know. Should I buy the pill when I can? Could I be pregnant? If I am pregnant can I abort without my parents finding out? I'm scared and I don't know what to do. I don't have any adults to talk to.

Doctor

A:   Hi
Thank you for the question,

In order to get pregnant, you need to have sexual intercourse of a male and a female and this means genital penetration. You will not get pregnant with your underwear on. Although it is possible to get pregnant if you are making out naked, even this risk is extremely low. For you to conceive, the female genital area needs to come in contact with sperm and this is extremely unlikely without penetration. Despite this, it is theoretically possible to get pregnant if sperm contacts your genitals.

Be careful in the future, use a form of contraception like a condom. If you miss your periods, get a pregnancy test done.

I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.