Hi, the other day I went to the gynecologist because

Q: Hi, the other day I went to the gynecologist because I thought about getting a new contraception instead of the pill. She recommended the nuvaring. Since it is hard to get an appointment with her I really hope you guys can answer my questions about it. How do I switch from the pill to the nuva ring?
My gynecologist also said that women actually do not need a menstruation, is that correct? Can I just keep using a new novaring every 3 weeks and keep avoiding the monthly pain like that? I would really appreciate some answers to my questions. Thanks in advance.