Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi there, about 20 minutes ago my vision turned yellow for 45 seconds.

Hi there, about 20 minutes ago my vision turned yellow for 45 seconds.

Patient: Hi there, about 20 minutes ago my vision turned yellow for about 45 seconds, should I be worried, thank you.

Doctor: Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.Mostly such transient yelllow vision is due to transient isc hemic stroke (TIA), Ethanol consumption, Retinal detachment or it can be without any reason a harmless transient issue.Still we have to be sure as it’s your vision and we need to take adequate actions to find out the cause to prevent any permanent disability.So my advice is to get a Fundus examination, retina examination, Blood pressure evaluation done.If everything is fine from an opthalmologist point of view then you would be evaluated for any risk factors of stroke like presence of diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, obesity , advancing age, contraceptive use and smoking. If the risk factors are significant then you would need to get a MRI brain too to rule out TIA.If Everything is fine you would just be given lubricating eye drops for the purpose.I hope it helps you.If you have any further query, please ask me.We wish you a good health.

Patient: I’m 21 years old, male, don’t really drink that often (once every 2-3 months) I weigh 70 kilos and I’m 6 foot tall so I’m the average height and weight for my age.
Would your best advice to be go and seeing an opthalmogist? Also I started to get the shakes but I heard it could be because I have the flu and asthma also so I’ve been taking a fair bit of ventelin, could you recommend anything for that? Thank you!

Doctor: Yes, medicines can also cause transient blurry vision as well as transient color change.
You are not a high risk person for getting stroke, so my recommendations would be to see a Physician first who would check on your medicines as well as he would see if there are any stroke related symptoms or signs. If he feels, he would ask for an Ophthalmologist consultation.
Good Luck.