Ask The Doctor > Pending > Hi there am a 20yo female who have suffered from

Hi there am a 20yo female who have suffered from

Patient: Hi there am a 20yo female who have suffered from chronic constipation since I was 18. I have tried various medicines but nothing has worked and a couple made me feel sick. I started to feel I’ll in December 2014. First doctor said it was gallstones and I was given cocodomol, second doctor just gave me pain relief through a jag in the thigh and still no relief, the faldoc came out to the house because at this point I could not move and when I did I’d be violently sick. An emergency ambulance was called and I was taken to hospital, I had an iv drip in me and was wheeled about due to the severe spasms in the upper left abdomen. I was given an ultrasound which came back fine, 3/4 sets of blood tests were fine, an xray was fine and urine was fine and they said it was a mysterious illness. They kept me in for 3 days and I was given buscopan, laxido (which made me feel ill), omeprazole, paracetamol and dihydrocodeine as well as the drip till I was able to walk. I’ve not had any sinister pain since but I feel a swelling in the side of my stomach where my problems were at and I cannot go to the toilet very well either. I feel to swollen and have to strain which is causing piles on the inside. I also seem to have blood coming from the back passage, it is only little bits but on my faeces sometimes there can be a fair bit. I feels like my bowels don’t move at all either. Any ideas what I should do or any specific tests I should ask for?

Doctor: