Hi there I had sex on the 7th of July

Q: Hi there I had sex on the 7th of July and on the 11th I experienced light bleeding around 1-2 drops it disappeared completely after that, I'm due for my period on the 20th of this month, could the bleeding be implantation bleeding?

Implantation bleeding occurs around 6 days after fertilization of the egg. It is quite possible that you could have had an implantation bleeding. However, we cannot be very sure of the same. The other cause for such a bleeding could be mid cycle ovulation bleeding, hormonal imbalance, cervical polyp inflammation. Implantation bleeding is light pink with just a streak or a few drops of blood.

Hope this helps.

Patient: Thankyou, so to be sure I'm going to just have to wait for my period? And if it doesn't arrive do a pregnancy test?
Doctor: Hello,
You could do a blood test called serum beta hcg which is more reliable and specific than a urine pregnancy test. This can be done as early as the day of the missed period or even a couple of days prior to your cycles.
Hope this helps