Hi there , I had unprotected sex on July 2nd

Q: Hi there , I had unprotected sex on July 2nd around 3 o clock in the night and took Ella one the next morning at 11 o clock, I am afraid of getting pregnant so I took Ella one again on July 7th, my last period began on June 27th and my period still has not arrived, should I be worried? Thanks

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,
As you had your menses on june 27th , so on july 2 you were in your safe period and ovulation wouldn't have occurred and hence pregnancy is anyhow unlikely. Also, as you took ELLA rightly within 72 hrs, hence you stood double protected. The menses would have arrived in next 5-7 days but you took another progesterone pill again and hence withdrawal bleeding did not occur. Now the best way to rule out pregnancy would be to get a serum beta hcg test done. If the levels of hcg are less than 3 mIU then you are surely not pregnant. If the test is negative , then you can safely wait for the menses to return by 10th aug, and if still not then can opt for a withdrawal bleed with progesterones . But till then practice barrier contraception.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: Thank you very much, why have I still not gotten my period?
Doctor: The cause for delay is the second ella pill, which can easily cause delay in menses. This is a known side effect of the pill.
Patient: So when should I expect my next period?
Doctor: You should wait till 10th august.
Patient: Ok thank you very much!
Doctor: you are most welcome.:)