Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi there I hav been suffering a constant back pain

Hi there I hav been suffering a constant back pain

Patient: Hi there I hav been suffering a constant back pain for a year now,the pain started after having an epidural and the pain is in the middle of my back exactly where the epidural was inserted, can u please help

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.You seem to be suffering from any of the following:1. Muscular back pain2. Prol apsed Intervertbral disc compression.In case you have any associated fever, weight loss, cough , you would require evaluation for TB of spine.So, i would advise you to get a MRI Lumbo-sacral spine to rule out these issues. If you have any such issues, you would be treated accordingly.For muscular pain, i advise to take a combination of pain killer and muscle relaxant containing Diclofenac and Thiocholchiside.You should do hot fomentation of the affected area and apply Diclofenac ointment locally.You should also physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.