Hi there, I have a pea sized lump in between the scrotum and thigh

Patient : Hi there, I have a pea sized lump in between my scrotum and inner thigh. The lump is hard and is a small bit red. It is a small bit sore to touch but no real pain.I think it may be an ingrown hair but really i have no idea! Im 17 years old and play a lot of sport. Would you know what this could be? Thank you for your time
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. There are two possibilities here, it could be an ingrown hair which is infected or could also be folliculitis. In either case, I will advise you to get it examined by your physician and start applying Mupirocin ointment 3 times daily till it subsides. Ingrown hair can be infected very easily, hence an antibiotic prophylaxis will be helpful in preventing the infection. Hope this was helpful, Regards