Hi there, I have a pea sized lump in between the scrotum and thigh

Q: Hi there, I have a pea sized lump in between my scrotum and inner thigh. The lump is hard and is a small bit red. It is a small bit sore to touch but no real pain.I think it may be an ingrown hair but really i have no idea! Im 17 years old and play a lot of sport. Would you know what this could be?
Thank you for your time

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

There are two possibilities here, it could be an ingrown hair which is infected or could also be folliculitis.
In either case, I will advise you to get it examined by your physician and start applying Mupirocin ointment 3 times daily till it subsides. Ingrown hair can be infected very easily, hence an antibiotic prophylaxis will be helpful in preventing the infection.

Hope this was helpful,