Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi there i have gotten broncitis 2 years ago

Hi there i have gotten broncitis 2 years ago

Patient: Hi there i have gotten broncitis 2 years ago and since then ive had strep throat 4 times in the past year ive had a cold for the past year in a half that wont seem to go away some weeks it wont bothere as much but for the past 3 weeks my nose has been blocked and i have had a bad cough and mucus coming out i just want to know whats going onEDIT:Also ive been having extremly painful migrainsEDIT:Also ive been having extremly painful migrainsEDIT:Also ive been having extremly painful migrains

Doctor: HiThank you for the question,Bronchitis is a common infection causing inflammation and irritation to the main a irways of the lungs. Symptoms of bronchitis include coughing up yellow-grey mucus, sore throat, wheezing and having a blocked nose. Here are few symptoms:-Hacking cough.-Yellow, white, or green phlegm, usually appearing 24 to 48 hours after cough begins.-Fever, chills.-Soreness and tightness in the chest.-Some pain below the breastbone during deep breathing-Some shortness of breath.Conventional treatment for acute bronchitis may consist of simple measures such as getting plenty of rest, drinking lots of fluids, avoiding smoke and fumes, and possibly getting a prescription for an inhaled bronchodilator and or cough medicines. Migraine headaches are a bit of a mystery. Here are a few causes:-Central nervous system disorder.-Vascular problem.-genes- Chemical abnormalities.It is better to seek medical care if the symptoms become worse. I hope this will help you. Take care