Hi there! I recently got a urine test done at

Q: Hi there! I recently got a urine test done at Labcorp that confirmed that I have a UTI (trace occult blood detected / some cloudiness). I do not have any pain with urination, just slight increased frequency of needing to urinate. I believe I've had this UTI for several months. I know the concern is that it could cause bladder or liver infection. I have an Ob/Gyn appointment in about two weeks so will likely get antibiotics at that time, but I'm wondering -- because the UTI has been going on for a long time -- should I be more urgent in going to the doctor, even though I do not have any pain? Thanks!

Symptoms:  Lightly cloudy urine and slight increased frequency of needing to urinate, but no pain.

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

If you are suffering from increased frequency of urine but yet no burning micturition, low back ache or fever then the infection is certain but not severe enough to need immediate intervention. Ideally the next step would be a urine culture test which shall identify the cause of infection and the sensitivity of organism causing it to antibiotics. You would indeed be started on antibiotics for a week for treatment but till then you may start increasing your daily water intake to 4-5 litres per day and also can drink 2 glasses of cranberry juice daily for a week to speed up flushing out of infection.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,

Patient: Thank you so much! I appreciate the quick / detailed reply!
Doctor: You are most welcome.