Hi there I seem to wet the bed a lot

Patient : Hi there I seem to wet the bed a lot I'm 30yrs old and at the moment I'm using adult nappies. I also wet during the day as well
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific. Noted the history of bed wetting as well as get wet during the d ay, using adult nappies. Since you are 30 years old, we have to find the reason. Please give some details: Your gender, please? Any history of accident/trauma locally or to the spine? Since when have you got this problem? Any investigations or treatment? Any other history you would like to share so that I can help you better. The commonest cause is incontinence. Rare causes are fistula formation due to trauma, surgery, some specific diseases. For knowing the exact cause you need the following: Clinical evaluation and actual examination. Investigations to support the clinical diagnosis and to get the final diagnosis and a plan for corrective measures.

Patient: I'm a 30yr old male who has been wetting for 10yrs and I wet during the day 4-5 times a day and a lot. No injuries down in the area no investigations have been down
Doctor: Since the problem is going on for 10 years, it is important to consult an Urologist and get a clinical evaluation, actual examination and investigations as required to get a proper diagnosis so that you may be treated properly to get the symptomatic relief and preferably a cure.
You will need the tests of blood and urine.
Ultrasonography of the whole abdomen, particularly the Uro-genital system.
Cystourethrography, endoscopy. This can be diagnostic as well as therapeutic.
Please get the proper evaluation to get a diagnosis and a plan for management.