Hi there I seem to wet the bed a lot

Patient

Q: Hi there I seem to wet the bed a lot I'm 30yrs old and at the moment I'm using adult nappies. I also wet during the day as well

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history of bed wetting as well as get wet during the day, using adult nappies.
Since you are 30 years old, we have to find the reason.
Please give some details:
Your gender, please?
Any history of accident/trauma locally or to the spine?
Since when have you got this problem?
Any investigations or treatment?
Any other history you would like to share so that I can help you better.

The commonest cause is incontinence.
Rare causes are fistula formation due to trauma, surgery, some specific diseases.

For knowing the exact cause you need the following:
Clinical evaluation and actual examination.
Investigations to support the clinical diagnosis and to get the final diagnosis and a plan for corrective measures.

Patient: I'm a 30yr old male who has been wetting for 10yrs and I wet during the day 4-5 times a day and a lot. No injuries down in the area no investigations have been down
Doctor: Since the problem is going on for 10 years, it is important to consult an Urologist and get a clinical evaluation, actual examination and investigations as required to get a proper diagnosis so that you may be treated properly to get the symptomatic relief and preferably a cure.
You will need the tests of blood and urine.
Ultrasonography of the whole abdomen, particularly the Uro-genital system.
Cystourethrography, endoscopy. This can be diagnostic as well as therapeutic.
Please get the proper evaluation to get a diagnosis and a plan for management.