Hi there! I’m 15 yrs old and about 2 or 3 weeks ago i had sex

Patient: Hi there!I’m 15 yrs old and about 2 or 3 weeks ago my boyfriend and I had sex, however it was literally for a second and we checked before if he had any pre cum- he didn’t.But lately I have been feeling a lot more tired than usual very frequently, my period is late; however I have been late before as my period was not yet regular. I think that it has been regulating though as I have a very rough idea on when I am soon to expect my period according to dates. I have irregular bleeding after receiving hand jobs.. but its very light not like a period, I have on and off cramps and on and off headaches..Am I pregnant??

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.For pregnancy to occur, intercourse is mandatory with ejaculation inside the female vagina. If there was no seminal emission, then you can’t be pregnant.The symptoms can be pre-menstrual symptoms, however, you have irregular periods and this needs further evaluation. I will advise you meet a gynecologist and get a complete hormonal evaluation done. The evaluation should include Serum FSH, LH, progesterone, and estrogen. Also, an Ultrasound whole abdomen is important to rule out PCOS. Besides, a thyroid profile is also necessary as hypothyroidism can cause similar symptoms.Hope this was helpful,Regards