Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi there, My periods are normally relatively regular, but this month

Hi there, My periods are normally relatively regular, but this month

Patient: Hi there,My periods are normally relatively regular, but this month it hasn’t come at all. My last period was the 16th of February, and should have come on the 16th of March, but still has not shown up. On the 16th of March, I took a pregnancy test at my local doctors, which came out negative. However, my period has still not come making it nearly 2 weeks late. I have also experienced spotting(bright pink discharge) and I have no idea what is going on. Can someone help?!

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Periods can be late due to v arious reasons such as stress, hormonal imbalance, thyroid disorders, obesity, PCOS, e.t.cYou can wait for one more week since you have some spotting. If you do not get your period, you can consult your physician who can get the required tests done and prescribe Tab. Duphaston for regularizing your period.Hope this was helpful,Regards.