Hi, thinking of taking HGH I'm 16 and quite

Patient

Q: Hi, thinking of taking HGH. I'm 16 and quite sure I have stopped growing, I am extremely unhappy with my height at 5'4". Please could you help me learn about the dosage I should take and side effects and how likely they are to occur. Thank you

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to ATD.

HGH or Human growth hormone has many actions and thus has many side effects. Here are a few of them:
Nerve pains
Swelling in the body
Loss of sensation

One more bad side effect is that the growth hormone can actually cause a decrease in height. I do not recommend the HGH unless you need it if you do not produce enough HGH. Talk to a Doctor to figure out if you need it.

Hope this helps you.