Hi two days ago I suddenly got a terrible sore

Patient

Q: Hi two days ago I suddenly got a terrible sore throat and it been hurting since. this morning my throat was very swollen but doesn't hurt as much. I looked in my throat and saw two white spots on either side of my throat. in March of last year I got my tonsils and adenoids removed. could this be scars from the procedure or a sign of an infection? thanks!!!

Doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

You seem to be suffering from Upper Respiratory tract infection (URTI). At home, you can do warm saline gargles, steam inhalation. You should drink hot fluids like ginger tea, that will soothe the pain.
But in case you have fever then you should see your doctor who will examine you and prescribe an antibiotic like Azithromycin or Amoxycillin. You can continue Cetirizine that you are taking for net 2-3 days. In case of severe pain, you can add a tablet of Aspirin in water and do gargles with that. You may take Paracetamol on as or when required basis for fever and body pains.
Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy