Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi We had unsafe sex more then 3 days after

Hi We had unsafe sex more then 3 days after

Patient: Hi. We had unsafe sex more then 3 days after her period ended. 12 hours after the sex she took one pill of levonorgestrel 1.5mg.important to know that her period is regularly without much changes between month to month.1. Is the pill was unneeded because that she just ended and the next ovulation will surely come in much more than 72 hours?Thanks

Doctor: Hello dear,Thanks for trusting us about your health care.I can understand your concern here.Yes, you are right, in her case the chances of pregnancy are less as she was in her less fertile period and there is no need of I-pill.Yes, usually ovulation occurs 14 days before your expected period date and not before 72 hrs. after your last period date.Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.Regards