Hi, when performing the exercise bicycle crunches do the fee

Patient

Q: Hi, when performing the exercise bicycle crunches do the feet & legs have to be kept as close together as possible in order to burn calories or can the feet & legs be kept as far apart as possible in order to burn the same amount of calories. In other words, does the position of the feet & legs being kept as close together as possible result in a greater number of calories burnt compared to when the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible, or the same number of calories burnt for both positions (and if there is any difference in the number of calories burnt for both positions is this difference not great (negligible)). Is it the crunching up of the legs/ knees to the chest when performing the exercise bicycle crunches that determines the calories burnt, and does the position of the feet & legs either being kept close together or far apart not determine the calories burnt. I'm writing a health/ fitness report concerning the amount of calories burn when performing the exercise bicycle crunches and i need an accurate & detailed number of calories burnt and answer. Thankyou for your help and kind regards, Kelly.

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com
While doing an abdominal crunch, it is important that the leg is close and brought as close to the abdomen as possible.. What makes the main difference is how much you can raise the leg up while keeping it straight.. If you bent the calorie count goes down..

Form is more important..

Feel free to discuss further.

Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. So, when performing the exercise bicycle crunches are a lot of calories still burnt if the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible and are a lot of calories still burnt if the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible. Also, is there a difference in the number of calories burnt compared to when the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible and when the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible, or are the same number of calories burnt for both positions for when the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible and when the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible. In other words, Thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: Yes no one will keep the legs spread out and do the crunches until and unless there's an exercise ball in between.
Important to keep it as close as possible and raise it up parallel to the ground.
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. So, when performing the exercise bicycle crunches are the same amount of calories still burnt for both positions for when the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible and when the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible. Are a lot of calories burnt even when the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible, thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: Yes a lot of calories are burnt even when the legs are kept wide apart.
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. So, when performing the exercise bicycle crunches are the same amount of calories still burnt for both positions for when the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible and when the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible. Are a lot of calories burnt even when the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible, thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: You're asking the same question again and again.
I already answered it before. Kindly review
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. Sorry, i posted the wrong message twice by accident, i meant to ask the following question: When performing the exercise bicycle crunches are a lot lot of calories burnt even when the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible, thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: Yes, once again you have asked the same question.
I have already replied to it
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. Sorry, i meant to ask the question: are the same amount of calories burnt when performing the exercise bicycle crunches for both positions for both when the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible and when the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible. Thankyou for your help and kind regards, Kelly.
Doctor: No minor variations will be there.
Please initiate a new consult if you want to consult further.

Regards.
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help. So, will there be a minor/ only slight difference or will there be a large/ significant difference in the amount of calories burnt when performing the exercise bicycle crunches for both positions for both when the feet & legs are kept as close together as possible and when the feet & legs are kept as far apart as possible. Thankyou for your help and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: Sorry, this consult has been closed as maximum follow ups have been utilized.
Patient: Hi, thankyou for your reply and help, thanks and kind regards,
Kelly.
Doctor: Thank you.
God bless!