Hi, While having sex with my boyfriend I got a

Q: Hi,
While having sex with my boyfriend I got a severe headache, like a instant sharp pain all over. I took Advil for it, and it's gone. I also have been feeling nauseous after sex, and it lasts for a few hours. Is this normal? I am not taking any medication other than birth control.

It is seen during sex, especially during orgasm , that hormones like prostaglandins and endorphins have been released in excess which can cause uterine contractions and often increased blood flow and sometimes constriction of peripheral vessels which can often cause shooting headache during the act which get relieved once the levels of hormones decrease and settle down. So if you have been on birth control pills continue the same, and try to keep yourself in a well hydrated state before getting involved in a sexual activity.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.