Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi! Would like to ask some help in interpreting the

Hi! Would like to ask some help in interpreting the

Patient: Hi! Would like to ask some help in interpreting the result of my test. Test: Gram StainSample: Cervico-Vaginal DischargeResult: Many Gram Positive Bacilli, Rare Gram Negative Rods, Pus Cells 5-10/OIF, Epithelial Cells 1-5/OIFThank you!

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.You are most welcome.Gone through the reports:It shows Gram Stain Sample: Cervico-V aginal Discharge Result: Many Gram-Positive Bacilli, Rare Gram Negative Rods, Pus Cells 5-10/OIF, Epithelial Cells 1-5/OIF.This report shows that you have a problem of vaginitis.This also means that you and your sex partner have to take the full course of an antibiotic, metronidazole, probiotic and symptomatic treatment.I hope this answers your query and helps you in proper treatment and avoid recurrence.