Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi Yesterday I had severe pelvic pain , so bad

Hi Yesterday I had severe pelvic pain , so bad

Patient: Hi. Yesterday I had severe pelvic pain , so bad I could hardly move. I rushed to the hospital, they had me pee in a cup and then send me home. They said I had no infection and the doctor on call wasn’t abke to see me. I’m just scared because I have 2 or 3 cyst and have never experienced pain like this. It’s not as bad now but still hurts a little. I’ve had my cyst examined before and nothing was out of the ordinary. I just won’t beavle to get into my gynaecologist for a while so I wanted to now if it’s something I should be going to the ER about?Thank uMegan

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Severe pelvic pain can be seen due to causes like acute pel vic inflammatory disease, stones in the renal tract, urinary tract infection, adnexal pathology etc.Ovarian cysts if large in size can lead to torsion, rupture etc complications.But as your pain is decreasing gradually, these possibilities are less.Antispasmodic drugs can give some relief.If pain persists or increases better to consult your doctor or go to ER and get evaluated.By clinical examination and investigations like ultrasound the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.Take care