Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi, yesterday I noticed a few dark mole-like spots

Hi, yesterday I noticed a few dark mole-like spots

Patient: Hi, yesterday I noticed a few dark mole-like spots on my vagina/inner inner thigh…They’re not itchy, I’m not in any pain (no burn when urinating) and I’ve been shaving more often. I’m 21 years old and not sure what the dark cluster of spots mean?Thanks!

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Dark mole like spots can appear on the skin with aging, due t o friction etc. Repeated shaving may rarely lead to the development of mole-like spots.These type of moles need observation usually.If the size of the mole increases, color or texture changes, better to consult your doctor and get examined.Take care.