Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Hi Yesterday I pulled a muscle around my buttocks while

Hi Yesterday I pulled a muscle around my buttocks while

Patient: Hi. Yesterday I pulled a muscle around my buttocks while I was running and I can’t walk and run. I once got hurt 2 years back, a wall collapsed on me and I got cut by a pipe on my buttocks and I tore the muscle back then

Hi Yesterday I pulled a mus...-1

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor.This pain seems to be of Muscular in nature.However, you should get an X-ray of B oth Hips to rule out any fracture over there.For acute muscular pain i advise following:1. Diclofenac and Thiocholchiside combination which are act as pain killer and muscle relaxant.2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.3. To apply gel containing Menthol, Diclofenac locally.4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.Your pain should start getting better in 5 days.Share my opinion with your doctor before you act upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy.