Hi, yesterday I was putting coal into our stove fire


Q: Hi, yesterday I was putting coal into our stove fire when the flames started to get too big. So I opened it to reduce the flames by putting some bread soda on the fire but a few times smoke came into the room when I opened the door. I did not inhale this but there was some smoke in the room after and now I have a cough with white phlegm. I am just worried about CO poisoning, I got plenty of fresh air and have no other symptoms only a slight cough. I do have asthma and maybe the smoke caused the cough because of this? This happened 17 hours ago.


A:   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: I'm having a bit of shortness of breath, and pressure in my abdomen/lower rib cage area. Not sure if emergent or just...

Q: My 68 year old father has been diagnosed with an unknown virus. Prior to this diagnosis, he was generally healthy, wi...

Q: Hello, I am having bad stomach pain. There is no diarrhea or vomiting just pain in the upper and mid part of my abdom...

Q: I have had a persistent headache that seemingly came on overnight exactly 28 days ago, with a few other symptoms aris...

Q: My 5 year old child swollowed a nickel what do i do


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon