Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > High B Twelve Level and low Folate serum

High B Twelve Level and low Folate serum

Patient: I’m not sure if my question belongs here or not. I have a high B12 level over 2000 and a low folate serum level 1.74. My question is should I see a hematologist now? My GP has monitored this for a month..there’s been no change in the lab results for a month. I also have hematuria, sore muscles and achy joints.

Doctor: In my opinion your symptoms could be a sign of systemic disease such as SLE( systemic lupus arythematosis).In your case there is sign and symptoms of  haemotologic, renal (kidney) and arthralgic (joints) concerns. I would recommand you to have detailed examination by your GP and appropriate referal. I wish you quick recovery